Friday, May 1, 2009

YAOI

You might ask why I am so obsessed with Yaoi. Well, there’s isn’t any real explanation to liking something, no? All I could tell you is that YAOI rocks! I mean, come on! You get to see two cute guys (anime guys) kissing each other (and maybe more XD)


It always make me go ‘aww~’. Yaoi is really irresistible! I can’t help but fall in love with it. There are various yaoi series that I ADORE! One of them is Junjou Romantica (Pure Romance). This is a really sweet one if you are a beginner to yaoi is (I didn’t wanna scare you off with some more graphic ones *coughs) Lol, though, do watch the anime and not the manga of Junjou Romantica cuz it’s less… graphic? XD They had censored a lot of the parts in the anime, but knowing manga, they don’t usually censor.

UsagiXMisaki

The main theme of Junjou Romantica is LOVE! You get to see three pairings in this series. Well, I loved the first pairing most, the 2nd one’s pretty sweet too. The first one is about a high school student – Misaki who went for tuition at his brother’s friend’s house – Usami Akihiko (Usagi). Misaki wanted to go into a certain University but due to his results, he can’t. Usagi on the other hand was a novelist and he’s smart and all that (he was secretly in love with Misaki’s elder brother, which explains why he willingly tutored Misaki) Then, things happened and well, Misaki and Usagi got together. Misaki even lived together with Usagi because Misaki’s brother moved to Osaka or something and Misaki had to remain in Tokyo to go to university.


I’m tired to talk about the 2nd and 3rd pairing. But the 2nd pairing is roughly about a high school teacher and a medic student. As for the 3rd pairing, it’s also about a high school teacher who dated his ex-wife’s brother. XD


- MORE GRAPHIC YAOI!!! -

Well, my favourite yaoi series is from Yamane Ayano. It’s really an awesome series! XD Though there is lots, and I mean LOTS of sex-scenes in it. ._. Okay, I admit that I’m a pervert, but whatever~


The title of the manga is The ViewFinder Series. I’ve read it of some website and I love the plot. XD The story revolves around the Chinese Mafia and the Japanese one. (Hmm…couldn’t really recall much…)

My favourite character in this series has to be Liu FeiLong – he’s the head of the BaiShe (white snake) gang in Hong Kong. He’s the antagonist of this series, but who cares?! XD So yea, he went and kidnapped Takaba blah~blah…

The story did not start of like that though. The story started off with Takaba Akihito who was a freelance photographer who got in the way of Asami (A middleman of the Japanese underworld). He was caught and punished by Asami. The ‘punishment’ was not something I should write here in my strictly PG-13 blog. XD So duh ~ I LOVE the first title for the first volume of the manga – You are my Love Prize.


Then the story gets complicated with the Chinese Mafia coming in and all that. There seemed to be something going on between the head of the BaiShe and Asami. So, Takaba was kidnapped and brought back to Hong Kong… If you are somehow interested in this series, I’ll have to WARN YOU THAT IT’S NOT FOR THE FAINT HEART!!!
AsamiXTakaba
Liu FeiLong


Well, there are still a lot of Yaoi series out there, such as Yami no Matsuei (It’s not bad. The characters are hot XD) then we have Kireipapa (It is cute XD), Ikoku Irokoi Romantan (This one’s also by Yamane Ayano. Though I had only watched the anime and not the manga. XD So, I dunno how graphic is the manga), Winter Cicada (It is a sad one. T.T)…etc.
Winter Cicada


Then there are the SLASH-Pairings from other animes (which are not yaoi. *coughs*) but I’ll leave it for the next post. ^^

No comments: